The top rates for certificates of deposit (CDs) held onto modest gains made in the past couple of weeks, with 5.50% continuing to be the most you can earn across the whole range of CD terms. You can get that rate on terms of 9, 15, and 17 months.
In addition to those, there are another dozen options across our lists of the best nationwide CDs that earn at least 5.25% APY—including one that lets you hang onto that rate for two years.
There was more movement in the jumbo CD ranks today. The best rate for a 3-month jumbo CD jumped from 4.35% to 5.01%. This comes on top of a rate increase to 5.35% for the best 1-year jumbo CDs yesterday. Like most jumbo CDs, these both require a $100,000 minimum deposit. But note that you can do a little bit better by just putting that money into one of the standard CDs that pays a higher rate.
- The top rate available for 3-month jumbo CDs is now 5.01%, but you can earn 5.10% APY with a standard 3-month certificate.
- The highest nationally-available CD rate remains 5.50% APY, offered on terms of 9, 15, and 17 months.
- Fifteen CDs in our daily rankings pay at least 5.25% APY.
- You can earn at least 5.10% in every CD term from 3 months to 2 years, with the best 2-year rate remaining at 5.25% APY.
- CD yields may be at or near a peak, making this a particularly good time to take advantage of record-high CD rates.
|CD Term||Yesterday’s Top National Rate||Today’s Top National Rate||Day’s Change (percentage points)|
|3 months||5.10% APY||5.10% APY||No change|
|6 months||5.50% APY||5.50% APY||No change|
|1 year||5.25% APY||5.25% APY||No change|
|18 months||5.50% APY||5.50% APY||No change|
|2 years||5.25% APY||5.25% APY||No change|
|3 years||4.85% APY||4.85% APY||No change|
|4 years||4.73% APY||4.73% APY||No change|
|5 years||4.68% APY||4.68% APY||No change|