Shooting at Texas barbecue leaves two dead, five wounded

0
1

At least two people were killed and five others wounded when someone opened fire outside a San Antonio family barbecue late Saturday, according to police.

The family was barbecuing outside their house around 10:15 p.m. when a gunman drove by and “unloaded on them,” San Antonio Police Department Chief William McManus said during a press conference Sunday.

As many as 20 or 30 rounds were fired, McManus said.

A 46-year-old man and a 45-year-old man were killed, a spokesperson for the San Antonio Police Department told the Daily News Sunday. The wounded victims included a 44-year-old woman, a 43-year-old man, a 42-year-old woman, a 26-year-old man and a 19-year-old man; they were all rushed to the hospital for treatment.

Six children were also inside the house but were unhurt, McManus said.

Last month, police responded to “a deadly conduct” at the same house, but McManus would not go into any details. Officials have “theories” on a possible motive, he said.

Police are searching for a dark SUV but a suspect has not been identified.

Source