At Citi Field on Saturday, the Philadelphia Phillies (10-11) meet the New York Mets (15-5), with first pitch at 7:10 PM ET.
The Phillies (+104 underdog on the moneyline to win) are away versus the Mets (-124). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Taijuan Walker, and Kyle Gibson (2-1) taking the ball for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Tylor Megill (5.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 5 K) picked up the win in the Mets’ 3-0 victory over the Phillies yesterday. Jeff McNeil led the way offensively, going 2-for-3 with two RBI. Aaron Nola (6.0 IP, 3 R, 7 H, 9 K) was handed the loss for the Phillies.
Ahead of watching this Mets vs. Phillies matchup, here’s what you need to know about Saturday’s action on the diamond.
New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
Major League Baseball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Saturday at 5:06 AM ET. For a full list of sports betting odds, access USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Mets (-124, bet $124 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+104, bet $100 to win $104)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mets Stats and Trends
Mets Betting Records
- This season, the Mets have been favored 18 times and won 15, or 83.3%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 12-3, a 80% win rate, when favored by -124 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mets have a 55.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 21 games with a total.
- The Mets are 14-6-0 ATS in their 20 games with a spread this season.
Taijuan Walker (Mets Probable Starter)
- The Mets will send Walker to the mound for his first start this season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 29-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Phillies have scored 96 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They have 168 hits, sixth in baseball, with 19 home runs (13th in the league).
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets have hit 18 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- Fueled by 50 extra-base hits, the Mets rank ninth in MLB with a .392 slugging percentage this season.
- New York ranks second in MLB with a .259 team batting average.
- The Mets have scored the eighth-most runs in the league this season with 92.
- No team gets on base better than New York, who has a league-best .342 OBP this season.
- The Mets have shown patience at the plate this season with the fifth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.7) among MLB offenses.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have won in one of the five contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Philadelphia has a win-loss record of 1-2 when favored by +104 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 49% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 10 of their 21 opportunities.
- The Phillies have an against the spread mark of 10-11-0 in 21 games with a line this season.
Kyle Gibson (Phillies Probable Starter)
- Gibson gets the start for the Phillies, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 3.47 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 23 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Monday against the Colorado Rockies, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 34-year-old has a 3.47 ERA and 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings over four games this season, while giving up a batting average of .198 to his opponents.
- Gibson enters this game with two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Gibson will aim to go five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.3 innings per outing.
- He will face a Mets offense that ranks eighth in the league with 92 total runs scored while batting .259 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .392 slugging percentage (ninth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 18 home runs (15th in the league).
- The 34-year-old ranks 44th in ERA (3.47), 25th in WHIP (.986), and 21st in K/9 (8.9) among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season.
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB action with 19 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- So far this season, the Phillies rank seventh in baseball with a .397 slugging percentage.
- Philadelphia’s .246 batting average is seventh-best in the league.
- The offense for the Phillies is No. 3 in MLB action scoring 4.6 runs per game (96 total runs).
- Philadelphia ranks 10th in baseball with a .319 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 21st in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, April 30, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: FOX Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).